Pharmgroup: antispasmodic agent.
Pharmacological action: Antispasmodic agent, has hypotensive effect. Inhibits FDE, causes accumulation of Ca2+ in the cell and decrease of Ca2+ content; reduces tone and relaxes smooth muscles of internal organs (GI, respiratory and urogenital systems) and blood vessels.
In high doses it reduces excitability of heart muscle and slows intracardiac conduction.
Action on CNS is weak (in high doses it has sedative effect).
- spasms (severe narrowing of the lumen) of the blood vessels of the brain,
- endarteritis (inflammation of the inner lining of the arteries,
- cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder),
- pylorospasm (spasm of the stomach’s gateway muscles),
- spastic colitis,
- spasm of the urinary tract,
- bronchospasm (narrowing of the lumen of the bronchi).
The active ingredient is 40 mg of papaverine hydrochloride.
How to take, the dosage
In adults, 40-60 mg 3-4 times a day.
Children aged 6 months to 2 years – 5 mg, 3-4 years – 5-10 mg, 5-6 years – 10 mg, 7-9 years – 10-15 mg, 10-14 years – 15-20 mg 3-4 times a day.
Decreases the effects of dopegit.
If smoked, the effectiveness decreases.
Alcohol use should be avoided during treatment.
With caution and in low doses should be used in elderly and frail patients, as well as in patients with craniocerebral trauma, hepatic and renal impairment, hypothyroidism, insufficient adrenal function, prostatic hypertrophy, supraventricular tachycardia and shock.
- severe hepatic failure,
- high sensitivity to papaverine.
- high sweating,
- harterial hypotension,
- increased liver transaminase activity.
|Conditions of storage|
Store in a place protected from light.
Buy Papaverine, 40 mg tablets 20 pcs with delivery to USA, UK, Europe and over 120 other countries.