Bifidumbacterin, 5 dose capsules 20 pcs
Dysbacteriosis, After a course of antibiotic therapy
In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract:
- for the treatment of long-term intestinal dysfunction of unspecified etiology;
- in acute intestinal infections (in the complex treatment of acute dysentery, salmonellosis, escherichiosis. Viral diarrhea, etc.). Long-term intestinal dysfunctions of staphylococcal aetiology, as well as treatment of recuperators after acute intestinal infections with ongoing intestinal dysfunction;
- . in complex treatment of children (including newborns, prematurely born) with pneumonia, sepsis and other purulent-infectious diseases for prevention or relief of intestinal dysfunction and prevention of ulcerous-necrotic enterocolitis;
- for treatment and prevention of dysbacteriosis in children with a burdened premorbid condition. Children born prematurely or with signs of prematurity receiving antibiotics in the early neonatal period; children whose mothers suffered from severe toxicosis, extragenital diseases, had a long period of waterlessness or other pathologies; Children of mothers who have had lactastasis, cracked nipples and resume breastfeeding after recovery from mastitis; frail children with anemia, hypotrophy, rickets, diathesis and other manifestations of allergy; whooping cough accompanied by intestinal disorders in case of early transition of infants to artificial feeding or donor milk feeding;
- for treatment of acute and chronic inflammatory diseases of large and small intestine (colitis, enterocolitis) in older children and adults, passing on the background of microflora disorder with a deficit or absence of Bifidobacterium;
- In intestinal dysfunction as a result of prolonged antibacterial, hormonal, radiation and other therapy, staying in extreme conditions, as well as for the prevention of dysbacteriosis in these individuals.
In obstetric and gynecological practice (as a solution of the contents of the capsule):
- for the prevention of mastitis for local treatment of the mammary glands of nursing mothers of the “risk” group (in women with retracted flat nipple, with a decrease in its erection, the presence of fissures) with the aggravated epidural situation in maternity hospitals;
- in bacterial colpitis caused by Staphylococcus and E. coli (in monoflora or in associations), as well as in senile colpitis of hormonal nature.
One capsule contains live bifidobacteria at least 5×107. excipients – lactose or lactulose – 17.5%. Capsule shell composition: body – 2% titanium dioxide, gelatin (molding) – up to 100%; cover gelatin (molding) – up to 100%. indigo carmine – 0.13.33%.
How to take, the dosage
1. treatment and prevention of gastrointestinal diseases.
The drug “Bifidumbacterin capsules” is used by mouth by swallowing whole capsules with enough liquid at room temperature or by taking a suspension obtained by dissolving the contents of the opened capsule in a small amount of cool boiled water. When dissolved in water it forms an opaque suspension, which has a specific sour-milk odor and taste. It is not allowed to dissolve the drug with hot water and store it in dissolved form.
Children under three years of age should not be given whole capsules to avoid getting them into the airways – the drug should be used as a solution.
The drug is taken 20-30 minutes before a meal or 1-1.5 hours after meals.
Infants can be given the drug immediately before feeding.
In case of acute intestinal diseases, 5 doses (the contents of one capsule) per day, 2 times a day are taken in children during the first year of life. Children older than 1 year of age take 5 doses (the contents of one capsule) 3 times a day.
In case of sepsis, pneumonia and other purulent-septic diseases children are prescribed 5 doses 3 times a day in combination with usual methods of treatment of the main disease. In case of gastrointestinal dysfunction and the threat of ulcerative necrotic enterocolitis in this group of children the dosage of Bifidumbacterin is increased to 20 doses daily.
In newborns of the “risk” group it is reasonable to start using the drug in the maternity department from the first day of life until discharge 2.5 doses per administration twice a day. The contents of 1 capsule are dissolved in a small amount of boiled water or milk.
Method of dissolution. Pour the contents of one capsule in a clean bowl (carefully separating the lid of the capsule from the body of the capsule) and add cool boiled water. One teaspoon per dose of the drug, stir until a homogeneous suspension of whitish-gray or various shades of beige. One teaspoon of the solution prepared in this manner constitutes one dose.
Cautions! To prepare the drug solution, especially for infants, use only clean glassware. The drug solution must not be stored.
Children over 3 years of age and adults in acute and chronic inflammatory diseases of the small and large intestine (enterocolitis and colitis) are recommended to take 1 capsule (5 doses) 2-3 times a day. In severe cases the dose can be doubled.
The duration of the course of treatment with Bifidumbacterin in capsules is determined by the severity of the clinical manifestations, the age of the patient and is 2-4 weeks, and in some cases up to 3 months.
For preventive purposes the drug is prescribed 1 capsule (5 doses) 1-2 times a day for 1-2 weeks.
2. In obstetrical and gynecological practice The drug is used topically as a solution of the contents of the capsule. For processing of the nipple and areola of parturient women the contents of 1 capsule is dissolved in small amount of boiled water and 2 sterile swabs are soaked with the solution and applied to the nipple and areola 20-30 minutes before feeding during 5 days. The swab impregnated with the preparation is left on the surface of the mammary gland until the beginning of feeding.
In case of inflammatory diseases of the female genitalia and prenatal preparation for pregnant women of the “risk” group the drug in the form of a solution for tampon impregnation or douches is prescribed in 5-10 doses (the contents of 1-2 capsules) once a day for 5-8 days with control of restoration of purity of vaginal secretion to grade 1-11 and disappearance of clinical symptoms.
For intravaginal administration Bifidumbacterin is also dissolved in the specified manner. The resulting suspension of the drug is impregnated with a sterile tampon, which is inserted intravaginally and left for 2-3 hours.
If necessary, the treatment with Bifidumbacterin can be repeated.
Clinically significant interaction of the drug with other drugs has not been established. Bifidumbacterin can be used simultaneously with antibacterial, antiviral and immunomodulatory therapy. Corrective therapy with Bifidumbacterin can be prescribed after a course of treatment with specific bacteriophages designed to eliminate opportunistic bacteria.
The drug does not affect the performance of activities requiring special attention and quick reactions (driving vehicles, machinery, etc.). The drug contains lactose – persons with lactase deficiency should be treated with caution.
Bifidobacteria are representatives of normal human microflora, so preparations based on them can be used during pregnancy and lactation.
|Conditions of storage|
Conditions of storage: The drug is stored in accordance with SP 3.3.2. 1248-03. at temperatures not exceeding 10°C. out of the reach of children. Conditions for transportation: The product shall be transported in accordance with SP 3.3.2. 1248-03. at a temperature not exceeding 10°C.
Buy Bifidumbacterin, 5 dose capsules 20 pcs with delivery to USA, UK, Europe and over 120 other countries.