An antiviral and immunomodulatory agent.
ATX CODE: J05AX.
Panavir® is a purified extract of the shoots of the plant Solanum tuberosum; the main active ingredient is a hexose glycoside consisting of glucose, rhamnose, arabinose, mannose, xylose, galactose, uronic acids.
Panavir® is an antiviral and immunomodulatory agent. It increases nonspecific resistance to various infections and promotes induction of interferon alpha and gamma by blood leukocytes.
The drug is well tolerated in therapeutic doses.
Tests showed absence of mutagenic, teratogenic, carcinogenic, allergic and embryotoxic action. In preclinical studies on laboratory animals no negative effects on reproductive function and fetal development were found.
It has anti-inflammatory properties in experimental models of exudative edema, chronic proliferative inflammation and in the test of pseudoallergic inflammatory response to concanavalin A.
The analgesic effect in models of neurogenic pain and pain caused by inflammation and thermal irritation is shown.
It has antipyretic effect.
In a model of parkinsonian syndrome caused by systemic administration of the neurotoxin 1-methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,6-tetrahydropyridine neuroprotective properties have been shown.
It has the ability to improve retinal and optic nerve function.
It has wound-healing properties in a gastric ulcer model.
In intravenous administration, polysaccharides are detected in the blood as early as 5 min after administration and are taken up by reticulo-endothelial cells of the liver and spleen. Excretion begins quickly, in 20-30 minutes polysaccharides are detected in urine and exhaled air.
Herpes, cytomegalovirus infection, immunodeficiency states – Herpesvirus infections of various localizations (including recurrent genital herpes, herpes zoster and ophthalmoherpes).
– Secondary immunodeficiency states against the background of infectious diseases.
– Cytomegalovirus infection, including in patients with recurrent pregnancy failure.
– It is used in women with chronic viral infection and interferon deficiency condition in preparation for pregnancy.
– Chronic cytomegalovirus infection in the acute stage in pregnant women in the II and III trimesters of pregnancy in the complex therapy.
– Papillomavirus infection (anogenital warts) in the complex therapy.
– Gastric and duodenal ulcer in patients with prolonged ulcers and symptomatic gastroduodenal ulcers in the complex therapy.
– Tick-borne encephalitis in order to decrease the viral load and relieve neurological symptoms (anisoreflexia, decreased reflexes, painful exit points of cranial nerves, nystagmus) in the complex therapy.
– Rheumatoid arthritis combined with herpesvirus infection in immunocompromised patients (to enhance analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect of the main therapy), in the complex therapy.
– Acute respiratory infections and influenza in the complex therapy.
– Panavir® is used in the complex therapy of chronic bacterial prostatitis.
Potato shoots polysaccharide sum
active ingredient – Panavir ® (potato shoots polysaccharide amount) – 200 mcg;
excipients: sodium chloride – 0,045 g, water for injections – up to 5 ml.
How to take, the dosage
– The therapeutic dose of the drug is 200 mcg of the active substance (the contents of one ampoule or vial).
– For the treatment of herpesvirus infections and tick-borne encephalitis is used twice at intervals of 48 or 24 hours. If necessary the treatment course can be repeated in a month.
– For cytomegalovirus and papillomavirus infections it is used three times during the first week with 48 hours interval and twice during the second week with 72 hours interval.
– For treatment of chronic cytomegalovirus infection in the acute phase in pregnant women during the second and the third trimester it is used three times during the first week with 48 hour intervals and twice during the second week with 72 hour intervals.
– For treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcer in the acute phase and symptomatic gastroduodenal ulcers it is used 5 intravenous injections once a day during 10 days.
– For treatment of rheumatoid arthritis combined with herpesvirus infection in immunocompromised patients 5 intravenous injections with 24-48 hour intervals are used. The course should be repeated in 2 months if necessary.
– For treatment of acute respiratory infections and influenza two intravenous injections with 18-24 hour intervals are used.
– To treat patients with chronic bacterial prostatitis 5 intravenous injections are administered at intervals of 48 hours.
Panavir® is indicated for children from 12 years old in dose of 100 mcg intravenously once a day.
For treatment of herpes infections and tick-borne encephalitis it is used twice with 48 or 24 hour intervals. If necessary the course of treatment may be repeated in a month.
Treatment of cytomegalovirus and papillomavirus infections is performed three times during the first week with 48-hour intervals and twice during the second week with 72-hour intervals.
When used in preparation for pregnancy it helps to reduce the frequency of reproductive losses in cytomegalovirus and herpesvirus infections.
If the solution is turbid, the drug is considered unsuitable for use.
Impact on the ability to drive vehicles, machines
There is no data on possible negative effect of the drug on the ability to drive vehicles and perform potentially dangerous activities that require special attention and quick psychomotor reactions.
Clear or slightly opalescent, colorless or light brown odorless liquid.
– Individual intolerance. Patients should not use Panavir® if they are allergic to the ingredients of the drug: glucose, mannose, rhamnose, arabinose, xylose.
– Lactation period.
– Children under 12 years old.
The drug is well tolerated, possible complications may be associated with individual intolerance and hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the drug.
No cases of overdose have been reported. The results of preclinical studies indicate low toxicity of the drug.
Use is possible in the second and third trimester for the indication of chronic cytomegalovirus infection in the acute stage as part of complex therapy. In other cases, the use is possible only if the estimated benefit to the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus. If it is necessary to use the drug during lactation, breastfeeding should be discontinued during the drug administration.
5 years. Do not use after the expiration date on the package.
|Conditions of storage|
Store in a light-protected place at 2 to 25 °C. Keep out of reach of children.
Buy Panavir, 0.04 mg/ml 5 ml 5 pcs with delivery to USA, UK, Europe and over 120 other countries.