Alpizarin has antiviral activity against DNA-containing viruses: herpes simplex virus (Herpes simplex) types I and II, Varicella zoster (shingles and varicella zoster virus), cytomegalovirus.
In in vitro experiments the inhibitory effect of Alpizarin against HIV was shown.
The inhibitory effect of Alpizarin on the reproduction of the virus is particularly pronounced in the early stages of the disease.
The mechanism of action is realized extracellularly.
The drug prevents the penetration of the virus inside the cell disrupting its reproduction.
Cytomegalovirus infection, Skin itching, Herpes, Stomatitis
Alpizarin is used in adults and children in the treatment of acute and recurrent forms of herpes simplex extragenital and genital localization, shingles, varicella, viral diseases of the oral mucosa, cytomegalovirus infection, Kaposi herpetiform eczema.
tetrahydroxyglucopyranosylxanthene (Alpizarin) (in terms of 100% substance) – 0.1 g;
milk sugar (lactose) – 0.1 g;
Potato starch – 0.0475 g,
Calcium stearate (calcium stearate) – 0.0025 g.
How to take, the dosage
Tablets are used regardless of meals. Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 1-2 tablets 3-4 times a day, children 6-12 years old – 1 tablet 2-3 times a day, children 3-6 years old – 1/2-1 tablet 2-3 times a day.
The therapeutic effect of the drug is most pronounced when administered in the initial period of the disease. The duration of treatment depends on the form and severity of the disease:
– In case of widespread rash in acute and recurrent forms of herpes simplex both genital and extragenital localization, as well as in the presence of fever, lymphoadenopathy and other general phenomena, the drug is used for 5-14 days.
– In Kaposi herpetiform eczema and cytomegalovirus infection – for 7-21 days in combination therapy.
– In case of aphthous stomatitis the drug is prescribed for 5-15 days.
In case of diseases caused by Herpes zoster (shingles) and Varicella zoster (chicken pox) – for 5-21 days.
In case of relapses repeat courses of treatment with the drug. For prevention of relapses of herpesvirus infections the drug is prescribed one month after the end of treatment for 10-14 days.
The maximum daily dose of the drug for children from 3 to 12 years old is 300 mg (three pills); for children over 12 years old and adults it is 800 mg (eight pills).
- In case of widespread rash, as well as in the presence of fever, lymphadenopathy and other general phenomena the drug “Alpizarin tablets 100 mg” is used in combination with “Alpizarin ointment for topical and external use 2% and 5%”./1 tablet of the preparation contains 0.1 g of lactose and 0.0475 g of potato starch, which corresponds to 0.01 BE (bread units). Maximal daily dose for children from 3 to 12 years old contains 0.03 BE; for children over 12 years old and adults – 0.08 BE.
- The preparation has no effect on performance of potentially hazardous activities or activities requiring increased concentration and speed of psychomotor reaction (driving motor transport and operating moving mechanisms).
Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
Children under 3 years of age.
Lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption.
With caution: the period of breastfeeding.
Allergic reactions are possible.
To date, no cases of overdose have been reported. The occurrence of overdose is unlikely.
|Conditions of storage|
In a light-protected place, at a temperature not exceeding 25 °C
Pharmtsentr VILAR JSC, Russia
Pharmtsentr VILAR JSC
Buy Alpizarin, tablets 100 mg 20 pcs with delivery to USA, UK, Europe and over 120 other countries.