The active ingredient diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug with pronounced analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. By indiscriminately inhibiting cyclooxygenase 1 and 2 types, it disrupts arachidonic acid metabolism and synthesis of prostaglandins, which are the main link in the development of inflammation.
Orthofen® is used for pain relief and reduction of edema associated with inflammation.
Periarthritis, Neck pain, Bursitis, Back pain, Myalgia (muscle pain), Adnexitis, Sciatica, Arthritis, Radiculitis, Osteoarthritis, Lumbago, Myositis, Inflamed tendons, Pain, Neuralgia, Joint pain (arthralgia), Pain after injuries and operations, Arthrosis
– Diseases of the musculoskeletal system: Rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis of peripheral joints and spine.
– Rheumatic soft tissue lesions.
– Muscle pains of rheumatic and non-rheumatic origin.
– Traumatic soft tissue injuries.
1 g of the ointment contains:
The active ingredients:
diclofenac 20 mg.
benzyl benzoate medical,
How to take, the dosage
Externally. For adults and children over 6 years of age, apply the drug 3-4 times a day to the skin and gently rub it in. The required amount of the drug depends on the size of the painful area.
A single dose of the drug is 2 g (which is comparable by volume to the size of a cherry tree, respectively). The duration of treatment without medical consultation should not exceed 10 days.
Orthofen may increase the effect of drugs that cause photosensitization.
Clinically significant interaction with other drugs has not been described.
Orthofen should be applied only on intact skin, avoiding contact with open wounds.
After application, do not apply an occlusive dressing.
The product should not come into contact with the eyes or mucous membranes.
– Hypersensitivity to diclofenac, methylsalicylate or other components of the drug, acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs.
– “Aspirin” asthma.
– Pregnancy (III trimester).
– Period of lactation.
– Childhood (under 6 years).
– Violation of the integrity of the skin.
– Hepatic porphyria (exacerbation).
– Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract.
– Severe liver and kidney function disorders.
– Chronic heart failure .
– Bronchial asthma.
– Older age.
– Children under 12 years of age.
– Pregnancy I and II trimester.
Allergic skin reactions (burning, redness); with prolonged use and/or large amounts of use – systemic side effects typical of NSAIDs.
The extremely low systemic absorption of the active ingredients of the drug when applied topically makes overdose almost impossible.
Diclac, Diclofenac-Teva, Diclo-F, Orthofen, Diclovit, Voltaren, Voltaren Emulsgel, Diclofenac, Voltaren Patch, Dicloran Plus, Orthofen, Diclofenac-Altfarm, Diclofenac-SOLofarm, Dialrapid
|Conditions of storage|
Store in a cool, dry place protected from light.
Buy Orthofen, 2% ointment 50 g with delivery to USA, UK, Europe and over 120 other countries.