The drug has a local anesthetic and anti-inflammatory effect. It suppresses the production of inflammatory mediators. It indiscriminately blocks cyclooxygenase (COX-1 and COX-2) and has an inhibitory effect on the synthesis of prostaglandin, prostacyclin and thromboxane.
The analgesic effect is most expressed for pain of inflammatory character: the drug reduces pain syndrome in pain at rest and on movement; reduces morning stiffness and joint swelling; promotes increase of movement volume. In addition to its anti-inflammatory effect, ibuprofen reduces platelet aggregation at the site of inflammation, as well as leukocyte migration and release of lysosomal enzymes in the inflamed area.
Ibuprofen penetrates into deeper tissues (subcutaneous tissue, muscles, joints, synovial fluid) and reaches therapeutic concentrations in the skin when the gel is applied. The therapeutic effect in the area of application is achieved by direct distribution through the skin to the target tissues. In a small amount is determined in blood plasma. With the recommended method of application, the concentration in synovial fluid is about 2 µg/ml.
Neck pain, Sciatica, Pain after injuries and operations, Periarthritis, Swelling after injuries and operations, Myalgia (muscle pain), Arthritis, Joint pain (arthralgia), Rheumatoid arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Lumbago, Neuralgia, Back pain, Arthritis, Pain
- Inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
- Arthritis (rheumatoid, psoriatic).
- Joint syndrome in rheumatism and gout exacerbation.
- Brachial scapular periarthritis.
- Behterew’s disease (ankylosing spondylitis).
- Deforming osteoarthritis.
- Osteochondrosis with radicular syndrome.
- Myalgia (rheumatic and non-rheumatic origin).
- Lumbago .
- Tendicitis, tendovaginitis, bursitis.
- Injuries (sports, industrial, domestic) without violation of the integrity of soft tissue (including sprains, strains, muscle or ligament tears, contusions, post-traumatic soft tissue edema).
100 g of the gel contains 5 g of the active ingredient ibuprofen;
poloxamer a;b;c = 101;56;101 (Poloxamer 407, Pluronic F 127),
medium-chain triglycerides (Migliol 812),
orange blossom oil (neroli oil).
How to take, the dosage
The drug should be used externally.
The duration of therapy with Dolgit depends on the severity of the disease and the nature of the injury.
A 5-10 cm strip of gel is applied to the skin in the area of painful area and carefully rubbed gently until complete absorption of the drug 3-4 times/day. The gel must not be used under coverings, airtight dressings. In severe cases it is recommended to combine local therapy with oral administration of NSAIDs.
Drug interactions with other drugs have not been described. However, it should be taken into account that even when used topically, ibuprofen has a systemic effect, and, theoretically, when using the gel simultaneously with other NSAIDs, side effects may increase.
In severe cases, combined use of the gel externally with taking other NSAID dosage forms (parenterally, internally, rectally) is recommended.
– Moist dermatoses.
– Infected wounds and abrasions.
– Breast-feeding period.
– Childhood up to 1 year.
– Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
– Hypersensitivity to acetylsalicylic acid and other NSAIDs, manifested by bronchial asthma attacks or other allergic reactions.
Usually the drug is well tolerated.
– Symptoms: application of large amounts of gel on a large surface of the skin or in the mouth may cause abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, headache.
Treatment: Remove any residual gel from the skin surface or mouth. If large amounts of the drug have entered the mouth, gastric lavage, saline laxatives and symptomatic therapy are indicated.
The drug is contraindicated in pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
Nurofen, Nurofen Express, Brufen, Ibuprofen, Dolgit, Ibuprofen-Chemopharm, Nurofen Forte, MIG 400, Faspik, Nurofen Express Lady, Nurofen Express Forte, Nurofen Children, Next Uno Express, Nurofast
|Conditions of storage|
Store in a dry place at 15-25 °C. Store out of reach of children!
Dolorgit GmbH & Co.
gel for external use
Buy Dolgit, gel 5% 20 g with delivery to USA, UK, Europe and over 120 other countries.